- What is BAPHL?
- The Boston Area Puzzle Hunt League (BAPHL) is
twice thrice twice (?) yearly puzzle hunt taking
place in areas around Boston. Teams of 4-6 travel on foot solving
sets of puzzles (logic, crosswords, trivia, etc.) to reach a final
- When is the next one?
May 7, 2016 November 12, 2016
- Where will this take place?
- BAPHL 15 will take place in the vicinity of Copley Square in Boston.
- How do I register?
- Registration is open! The number of teams is limited,
so make sure that you register ASAP!
- How much does it cost?
- Registration will cost $15.
- What if it rains?
- We'll get wet. We'll all be a little sad. If it gets really
bad, we'll make some adjustments to the route and puzzles, but you
should be prepared for whatever nature may bring.
- So, didn't BAPHL 15 happen already? What's with the numbering?
- No, of course not. The number 14 comes before 15, silly!
Normally. But something has gone desperately wrong.
- What kinds of puzzles will there be?
- Every hunt is a little bit different, and every puzzle is unique. But if you want to get a sense of the types of puzzles and their difficulty, you can check out some examples from prior BAPHL events: BAPHL 13, BAPHL 12, or BAPHL 11 or BAPHL 15.
- Just how hard is this thing?
- There will be two divisions: Normal and Hard. If you've never done any sort of puzzle hunts before, the Normal mode is for you - we'll provide more hints so that you can keep solving and having fun. If you've done anything like The Game, the MIT Mystery Hunt, or past BAPHLs, then you should go to Hard mode.
- What kind of supplies will we need?
- You'll want lots of solving supplies - paper, pencils, scissors, tape, highlighters, markers, rulers, etc. You'll want to bring clipboards, since you may not be able to find seating at a table along our route. And don't forget that it will be November in Boston, so you will want things that will keep you comfortable and warm.
BAPHL 14 Registration
Registration is now open!
If you have a team of 3 to 6, you may register via the following Google form:
Once you have filled out the form, you will be contacted for payment in order to
complete your team registration. BAPHL 14 will cost $15 per team.
If you don't have a team, you may sign up as individually or in pairs:
We will attempt to match you with teams that are willing to accept unattached hunters.