- What is BAPHL?
- BAPHL is the Boston Area Puzzle Hunt League. It is a recurring series of puzzle hunts that take place in the Boston area.
- Teams are given difficult puzzles that require various logical, lateral-thinking, and creative skills to solve. There is also an element of exploration which requires teams to visit certain locations during the completion of the event.
- When is BAPHL 20 happening?
- June 9, 2019, from 9:30 AM - 5 PM.
- Where will this take place?
- BAPHL 20 will take place in Cambridgeport.
- How do I register?
- Registration is open! The number of teams is limited, so make sure that you register ASAP!
- How much does it cost?
- Registration will cost $30.
- What if it rains?
- We'll get wet. We'll all be a little sad. If it gets really bad, we'll make some adjustments to the route and puzzles, but you should be prepared for whatever nature may bring.
- What kinds of puzzles will there be?
- Every hunt is a little bit different, and every puzzle is unique. But if you want to get a sense of the types of puzzles and their difficulty, you can check out some examples from prior BAPHL events: BAPHL 19, BAPHL 18, or BAPHL 14 or BAPHL 15.
- Just how hard is this thing?
- There will be two divisions: Normal and Hard. If you've never done any sort of puzzle hunts before, the Normal mode is for you - we'll provide more hints so that you can keep solving and having fun. If you've done anything like The Game, the MIT Mystery Hunt, or past BAPHLs, then you should go to Hard mode.
- What kind of supplies will we need?
- You'll want lots of solving supplies - paper, pencils, scissors, tape, highlighters, markers, rulers, etc. You'll want to bring clipboards, since you may not be able to find seating at a table along our route. And don't forget that it will be June in Boston, so you may want some sort of raincoat or umbrella.
BAPHL 20 Registration
Registration is now open!
If you have a team of 3 to 6, you may register via the following Google form:
Once you have filled out the form, you will be contacted for payment in order to
complete your team registration. BAPHL 20 will cost $30 per team.
If you don't have a team, you may sign up as individually or in pairs:
We will attempt to match you with teams that are willing to accept unattached hunters.